Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Not Dreaming



give what
you have

and
no more

no hopes
uninsured

no plans
that are only
icing on air

I am less
about dreams now

and more
about
what we are

don't get me wrong
inspiration is one fine
drug

but I'm recovering
and want a bit more

a more
that can be held

a bit more
than can be thought of
as I wonder off to sleep

like that
that I
a couple decades ago
did far better
than I can now

all the things
so many
say

fly
so many minds
so high

great
for then
and there

yet so little left
when you can't go to bed
with a smile, a partner
and a soft pillow

here
and now

I'm ready
for what comes after
first smiles and the kisses more

ready
for this
we have
and that I smile
so much
prouder on

this
is all I need
this
15 years and more
of being
not dreaming

No comments:

Post a Comment