Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Only Me

I'm only me,

and a lot
like broken glass
but with heart.

Hard
at work
holding all the pieces together.

Wanting only smiles,
but asking for them while in full grimace.

Mistaken
both within
and out.

So exhausting just from a to b;
bed to coffee,

but lubed
to slide on,

and add years
to the weight of regret
without a finger in the lift.

Perfect
at this living
on the fence
between
two brown yards.

I am only me
and disappoint accordingly.

A day
Soon
When we are

like this or
laying down,
waiting
maybe ready or not
I hope we connect.

again,
or...

say a thing or so
that lives

and remembers
more than is.

The save
is in seeing I am not as is
not enough can become

and desire creates actions
that redefine and expand
yesterday's legends

or reasons if you must
be simple here

only me,
is only
if I am after that alone.

We
so simpler to say
and fuller all the way.

edges sharpened
or worn
beautiful
all the same
if used to grow.











No comments:

Post a Comment