Friday, June 7, 2013

Surprised


You'd be
surprised
what I'd do
for a nice
open
pair of eyes.

What I'd do
for a simple smile.

Wouldn't even have
to show
teeth.

Just some
something
to say
what I say
is welcome,

or to know
we might
have words to trade.

You'd be surprised
what I'd do
for a little
more life
in my life

and yet how friendly
loneliness can be
and how much more lonely
company can be.

You'd be
surprised
how long
I can look
at a wall
or ceiling
and pretend
to be next to asleep

or in some extra special
thought

about to take the world
back
into sense.

You'd be surprised
how much time
I spend waiting.

How much time I spend being useful
for lack of being me.

You'd be surprised how good I am
making value to others
just to have purpose.

Whatever the hell that is.

Now or
a year later.

Maybe it lasts
sure it lasts
some of it
but it is all to fill

to fill

to fill
a need
that is not
being fully
fullfilled.

Really just need a little more life
in my life

and for anyone to really
be surprised by the little I manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment