Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Where I want to get to

You,

you are
always,

always
where I want
to get to.

But how?

How
do I stop
this eternal getting there?

Something
in me
has the process off.

Like I'm going far north in December
and all the way back south in June
and can't figure out why I'm cold
every time I stop at the ends.

You are
always
where I want
to get to

and when I finally make it to the couch for a show we're both into
but not enough to not be into each other
I think I'll stop walking then.

I know I'll stop walking then
stop then for as long as I can.

But still every time I get there
one of us is full of the outside world
or too tired from it
or too into some anything other.

What a thief life can be
or us too.

Never enough to go around to fill everyone's hands
never enough to fill everyone's hands.

Taking from here
or there anywhere
to keep each other barely going thing
going.

You are
always
where I want
to get to

and for all the times
you find me not there when you need me
know in all the mess
that I am on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment