Friday, December 19, 2014

Heart



the way
you can beat a heart
when I can hear nothing else

when all else matters
and all that I can find
is a thump
and then another
another

and on I go
eventually back awake
to it all
but never free

some great program
running in a flesh
that is free of the basics

like software
free from machine

yet still
there it is
at night again
all I hear
before the the darkness
and dreams
is a thump
and another
another

of me
but not my conscious doing

I can run
and it grows
but I order it not directly

oh the way
all of this
just goes

one foot
after
I know not what all

is miracle
alone
and so many
throw it all into the mundane
and search for meaning
in books thousands of years old
from men that meant less well

when we have this
and so much
more that I know not
all around us

this should be tended
so perfectly
before we go throwing faith
around to light up the outer shadows

No comments:

Post a Comment