Friday, December 19, 2014

Lights


there's lights as I look back and below
that I don't think I am going to get back to

in the middle of the hill
great accomplishment

valley below
forgot me

the mountain
and palace ahead
have never met me

and will see
an old and tired
traveler

not the me
that left
or that wanted to arrive
but just what was left

they wont even see
the beautiful view
I have in memory

The view I have
of the valley this night
lights guiding thousands home

they will see only me
not my thoughts incomplete

longing
to further

to a more whole

to lights
I will never reach
like water
in a desert
hoping to be an ocean

or sun on a horizon
heading on while leaving a show
from orange to pink
to distract the content

while all the while
we were the less than worthwhile

Sometimes
the really important things
are only what we make of them
and the company we believe in

and searching nothing
more than searching

home already had
yet forsaken


No comments:

Post a Comment