Sunday, October 28, 2012

Red Lights

Red lights
on open empty roads
whose to stop me,

coming home
again,

feeling a little less proud
than I'd like to be,

red lights
at all four winds.

In day I could hope
to catch a glance
of someone's eyes
in a shared experience,
stopped,
put by chance into a team effort
for a second out of the highly divided lives
and constant quests we drive ourselves around on,
to be here
working to get through
this intersection.

At least in the busy daylight there is someone
to give reason
to the taking of turns.

instead
it's dark,
and quiet,
all alone.

I try to obey the signals and signs
for I know not what,
especially at this moment.

Red lights
on open empty roads
whose to stop me.

Red lights
on empty,
dark,
quite,
lonely roads;

like my own self, the one I see,
a blocker
holding everything back for nothing and most often no one.

Which turn to go
go which way
where to turn
turn these lights off,

turn these red lights off,
send all the cars through,
all through.

where is
everyone.

Why so lonely
here?

Red lights
only for when
or where
they serve me,

but how to know
when day and night
blur,

at least let me have
the clairity to make
mistakes on going through
as opposed to holding here.

Holding here,
all here.

No comments:

Post a Comment